Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Indian Animator Apurva Shah brings Oscars


Doesn't it seem to be Unbelievable?? Indian Animator from Gujarat Apurva Shah won Oscar Award for Best Animated Feature for the film Ratatouille at the 80th Annual Academy Awards in Los Angeles. As soon as the awards were announced, Apurva excitement knew no bounds -

"It's great to win an Oscar. This is my third film to have won this prestigious award after Shrek and Finding Nemo . So far it's been a good streak at the Oscars for me said Apurva. While Apurva studied in Mumbai, his father is from Godhra and his mother belongs to Nadiad. "I am not worried about the future. I don't want to burden myself with expectations. I just want to give my best in whatever I do,"
he added.

"The real challenge for us was creating computer-generated food animation that would appear delicious. We attended several cooking classes and consulted gourmet chefs in the US and France."

In fact, they even consulted a rat expert to ensure that they get the rodents' habits right. Apurva dedicates his success to his wife Purvi, who is from Ahmedabad. Besides, the Oscar, Ratatouille also grabbed Golden Globe, BAFTA and Grammy awards in different categories along with other 33 awards.

No comments: